Random rantings of a senile 30 something who's still a kid at heart. Music,Art, Crafting, Animals. I better get it all down now before I forget tomorrow!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Life's Playlist: Olivia Lufkin

Music is wonderful, isn't it? If you know me on Facebook, you pretty much know the kind of mood I'm in by the songs I post. I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve that way. Some songs are just good, and some artists just inspire me all the time.

Over the last 7 years I've become a huge fan of Japanese music, but before that I was a child of the 90's and loved all things riot grrl, so when I found Olivia Lufkin many years ago it was like the best of both worlds.


(I think I had those boots! LOL)Here she channels a little Kat Bjelland/Courtney Love maybe a little Veruca Salt so I love that. :)

Back when she first started out her albums looked like the words I would scribble in fancy writing with stars on my textbooks: Internal Bleeding Strawberry,Merry&Hell Go Round, and Comatose Bunny Butcher. She has a harmonious blend of English and Japanese that I think anyone can latch onto.

By far my favorite album of hers is called The Lost Lolli. The entire album is in English so if you are into girls that rock, I definitely suggest you check it out. It stands the test of time and will be one of those albums that you keep going back to over and over.

Her sister Caroline is also a very talented singer. She has been doing a lot of work with her sister lately and is very active on Facebook. She's just a sweet girl too! But anyways, I was just listening to her and felt like sharing. She's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment