Random rantings of a senile 30 something who's still a kid at heart. Music,Art, Crafting, Animals. I better get it all down now before I forget tomorrow!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pit Stop: The Best Thing

Life is full of twists and turns as they say. And we all have to stop every once in a while; get out, stretch out legs, enjoy the scenery, and pee. I try to do that as often as possible. No matter what the struggle my life has been so far and what crazy situations I put myself in, I realize just how fortunate I am.

I have a great husband. Here we are on our wedding day at the courthouse. It's probably one of very few pictures I will post of myself on here, as I'm pretty self conscious and don't consider myself a good picture taker. But this moment was the pinnacle of my life and so I share it. We were online friends at first, and while I was out working 80 hours a week and kissing frogs, he was always there when I got home. He always said the nicest things about me, when he hadn't even met me yet. He was a confidant and at first I didn't imagine he would be more than that. We finally met up for dinner and spent all night talking. A few times later, after we suddenly burst into a chorus of "Fett's Vette", I got the feeling that he would always be my friend, and we could always love each other. I know, mushy right? I don't usually talk about him in this manner because when I was single, I used to seethe at the thought of other girls "having it all". I was ready to be an old maid myself. But I'm truly happy every day he is with me and I thought everyone should know. I know he worries about how my friends see him, which is pretty sweet. I don't help sometimes when I make stupid jokes ( hey, they can't all be zingers), but that just adds to his redeemable qualities that he loves me regardless.

Speaking of best friends, how lucky am I? Some of my closest friends I have known since middle school and high school. I even have a friend that I have known since I was 7 or 8, which is pretty nice. I feel like I have to be doing something right if I'm keeping friends like mine for so long. When I was younger I feel like I was kind of a brat who thought about herself a lot. I way over compensate for that now to the point where I have become a bit of a doormat. But somewhere in between all that is the me that my friends care about. My friend Apryl tracked me down every time I moved; never gave up on being my friend no matter how many times we lost touch along the way. Lindsey stuck with me during the hardest times of my life, even when I wasn't the best friend I could be. Samantha has been a great support system ever since high school, and even when I thought at one time we would never be friends again, she is now one of my biggest fans and had a big hand in making me a better person. :*) Crap. This was supposed to be funny. Moving on.

Lastly, the furkids. I mean, these guys are freaking invincible (knock on wood). Sid was diagnosed with Diabetes in 2004 and is now insulin free. He's going on 13, when I didn't think he would make it past 6! While he was going through that I met a group of incredible animal lovers in California; they are part of the reason I wanted to give up a humdrum life and work with animals. I had a scare with Manny a couple of years ago where I thought he was going to die from a mass in his chest. He's happier than ever right now and going on 13 himself. Gabby truly must be from Krypton because she never gets sick. She was the runt of a litter that was underweight to begin with. She's 6 and she still looks like a kitten. Not to mention if I'm not careful, she'll totally drink toilet water. The worst she's had is a tummy ache! Sometimes these guys are total brats, but I friggin love them, and everyone that meets them loves them too.


So that's my sappy moment. I've been doin a lot of bitchin and worryin lately, so it helps to remember these things sometimes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment